Don’t wait for an occasion, surprise that person with flowers!

As men, generally we buy flowers when we get ‘the panic‘. You know, the day before the birthday / anniversary / Valentines Day (etc) when your partner drops a hint and you lie through your teeth saying ‘Yeah yeah, don’t worry, I’ve it all sorted‘ but in your head you’re thinking ‘Balls…..that’s tomorrow?!’. Yeah, that kind of panic!

If I’m honest – bar a funeral – I can’t think of an occasion where they fail to bring a smile to the face of the person receiving them. Can you?

Now I’m not sure about you but personally there’s been many a time – specifically in the early days of our relationship – when I forgot a key date. Ouch. But thankfully, my oul buddy old pal Mr. Flowers came to the rescue.

Bloom Magic FlowersFlowers are appreciated on special days – I think that’s a fair statement? Through trial & error, I’ve come to realise the best bunch of flowers you can give are unwarranted / unexpected. They’re the flowers that can change a persons day. They can also score you some serious brownie points. Nice nice.

Ideal times to buy flowers:

So instead of waiting for the birthday to produce the goods, why not consider buying your loved one flowers if and when some of the following situations happen?

• When your wife / partner is feeling down
  • When your wife / partner has had a crappy week
  • When your wife / partner is flat out with work or with the kids or has had zero time to chill with her own crazy overthinking mind 🙂
  • When your wife / partner just needs to feel good about themselves – serve with wine to enhance the mood
  • When you want the house looking & smelling better (for your wife / partner)
  • When you just want your wife / partner to know you love them

Valentines Day:

However don’t forget the next big day in the calendar is of course Valentines Day’s so make sure you don’t mess up and forget to get a decent bunch of flowers.

And for God’s sake – stay the hell away from petrol stations!

Who to buy from?

Recently I started ordering my flowers with Magic Bloom. So do what I do by killing two birds with the one stone:

1. Save yourself the grief of town and order your flowers online
  2. Make your other half grin from ear to ear like a cheshire cat when they arrive

Winner Winner.

Magic Bloom FlowersMagic Bloom Ireland are serious about their flowers. How they arrange them, how they package them and how they deliver them. They deliver to every part of Ireland and they are also in the UK and it’s an excellent service.

It’s true what they say you know, ‘A happy wife equals a happy life‘ so make sure you do your part to make that equation true for you, buy flowers – and don’t just wait for the birthday 🙂

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post for Bloom Magic. You can see their entire range & ordering options here.

Love linking up with ….

The Diary of an 'Ordinary' Mum
DIY Daddy Blog
Reflectionsfromme

1. Tubbs says:

We take the flowers from church each week and give them to someone in the community. They’re always appreciated. It’s amazing what unexpected flowers can do 🙂

1. Yea it sure is. That’s a lovely gesture you do, fair play to you. The recipient must be so happy with them. Well done you! Thanks for commenting. Regards, Ross

2. Kiri says:

I love getting flowers ‘just because’ on a random Thursday. It’s much more of a surprise than getting them for special occasions. #mg

1. Yep, I agree with that 100% Kiri. Thanks a million for your comment. Regards, Ross #mg

3. I love fresh flowers in the home, they brighten up a room so much. When I first started dating Steve he would send me flowers every month, one rose = 1 month together, 10 roses = 10 months etc. He rarely buys me them now, but in his defence I do buy them for myself most weeks so he probably doesn’t think I need them. He does bring me expensive chocolate though so I am happy #mg

1. I have to admit, I am a new-ish convert to flowers in the home but I have to say, I love what they bring to a room. Well done Steve, that is a great & impressive thing to do! He’s making the rest of us men look bad right now haha!Expensive chocolates are a dam good substitute!! Thanks a million for commenting Mac. Chat soon, Ross #mg

4. We don’t do V-Day, but i’m all for flowers for no occasion! #mg

1. We are the same Lucy, we don’t do Valentines Day either. Commercial aspect gets under my skin. Much prefer just buying The Missus flowers when the mood takes me (which in my past I haven’t always been great at but I’m gotten a lot better!!). Thanks for reading & commenting. Regards, Ross #mg

5. natalie says:

Oh I love flowers I would have a bunch in every room if I could (sometimes I do). They just cheer me up so much especially when it is so miserable outside! #mg

1. Good on you!!! The florist must have your favourite flowers on stand by ready to go when you order 🙂 !!! Thanks a million for commenting. Regards, Ross #mg

Fresh flowers are lovely thing to give to say how much you love and care for someone lovely post Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

1. Exactly Nige. They are a small price to pay to make someone day. Thanks for reading & commenting. Cheers Ross #ThatFridayLinky

7. Emily says:

They look like lovely flowers. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky

1. Thanks Emily. No probs at all. #ThatFridayLinky

8. Kim Carberry says:

Ahh! I do love it when someone gives me flowers….They always bring a smile to my face.
    I’m hoping for some for Valentines day. hehehe
    #MMBC
    Kim Carberry would luv you to read…Our Weekly Meal Plan!! – #mealplanningmondayMy Profile

1. And I hope you get some on Valentines Day 🙂 Make sure your hubby reads my post and that’ll do the trick haha!! Thanks for commenting Kim. Regards, Ross. #MMBC

9. Debbie says:

Hi Ross, in the twenty-five years of being with my husband he has only ever bought me flowers once. He will tell you that is my own fault, but I beg to differ. Years ago, before family became a thing we had a bar in one of the resorts and my husband thought it would be ‘romantic’ to have a huge bunch of flowers delivered to the bar whilst I was working (it was our anniversary). There were people in the bar and I literally died, not because the flowers were a bad thing, but because of the fuss and attention, they attracted. Had they been delivered at home I would have been tickled pink. However having them delivered to the bar had me pink with sweat and exceedingly twitchy. Just remembering it has given me palpitations.

My advice to anyone choosing to send flowers, know your partner and send them appropriately!

Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

xx
    Debbie would luv you to read…A Walk Around Tragaki, Zakynthos – Through My LensMy Profile

1. Oh Dear !! Maybe you need to show him my post !!! I’ve never sent flowers to someone else’s place of work but being honest I wouldn’t be against it in general but that’s because I know The Missus wouldn’t have an issue with it. So your point about knowing your partner is key! Thanks for reading so so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Regards, Ross #MMBC

10. Fresh flowers really do brighten a room and a mood!! Although the last couple of times my husband has come home with flowers for ‘no reason,’ I’ve immediately flown into a panic and asked the classic ‘what have you done??’ (Yes, he was hugely offended at this!!) I once bought my mum a present where she had flowers delivered on the first of every month, for a year, and she maintains that it’s the best present she ever had!! Flowers are the best!
    #bigpinklink
    This Mum’s Life would luv you to read…Mums Are Always RightMy Profile

1. Haha, I can see him saying ‘Why does there need to be something wrong for me to buy you flowers?!!’ Flowers once a month for twelve months, that’s a nice touch. I’d never heard of that before. I’ve changed my mind about flowers in the last year or so. I was never big into them in my past but as I’m ‘maturing’! (for want of a better word) I love the smell & colour they bring into a room. Thanks a million for commenting Lucy. Regards, Ross #BigPinkLink

11. S.L.O.A.H. says:

I agree 100 percent; flowers always put a smile on anyone’s face. 🙂 Also, if any day would be good to receive happy flowers, it would have to be today: Blue Monday! Virtual flowers, all round. #MMBC
    S.L.O.A.H. would luv you to read…Martin Luther King Day 2017My Profile

1. Down with ‘Blue Monday’ !!! Flowers are designed to make another persons blue day brighter so I absolutely agree!!!! Thanks a million for your comment. Regards, Ross #MMBC

12. We decided a long time ago not to send flowers on Valentine’s Day. We send them another day as a surprise instead. I prefer the idea of my husband sending flowers because he wants to rather than because it’s a day when everybody is doing it! Mind you neither of us has done it for a while. Thanks for a reminder Ross 🙂

#MMBC
    Catherine @ Story Snug would luv you to read…The Lumberjack’s Beard by Duncan BeedieMy Profile

1. No probs on the reminder Catherine, we all need one every once in a while!! We don’t do the whole Valentines Day either being honest and pretty much for the same reasons as you’ve just mentioned. Element of surprise always wins over a selected day that everyone goes for. Thanks so much for reading & commenting. Regards, Ross. #MMBC